Solid state drying & conditioning
POLYMETRIX offers drying and conditioning processes for all types of polymers. Drying involves reducing the moisture content to below a certain level and typically requires relatively short residence times of a few hours. Conditioning typically requires much longer residence times of 10 to 20 hours and involves drying to an equilibrium moisture content within a narrow moisture content range. POLYMETRIX drying and conditioning systems are typically installed directly upstream of subsequent processing steps such as a spinning process.
POLYMETRIX two stage drying and conditioning processes offer high capacity drying with minimal energy consumption and minimal drying time. Proprietary fluid bed, roof and column type dryers enable optimized drying systems for a whole range of materials and capacities.
- PET is quickly pre-heated and dried to a final moisture content below 20 ppm, with a drying time of approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- PA is first heated and pre-dried and then conditioned down to an equilibrium moisture content in the range of 300 to 1000ppm during 10 to 20 hours.
- Capacities up to 300 t/d
- Drying from up to 20% moisture content down to < 20ppm
- Conditioning to equilibrium moisture content in the range 300 to 1000ppm
- Process using air or nitrogen
- Controllable final moisture
- Low energy consumption with two stage process